Motoring overnight northward found us at Cuverville Island for a trip ashore. The numerour Gentoo penguins are so un-phased by humans that our 5 meter limit is often broken by these inquisitive birds coming over to check us out. Along the beach, I sat 1 meter from the water's edge for 15 minutes at a spot free frim penguins. Within seconds, I had about 10 penguins come ashore to preen their feathers 1 meter in front if me. They looked with inquisitive eyes, then carried on as if I was not there. I hope the video caught this action.
Jenny and Peter's travels to Antarctica and Patagonia take us on an adventure with Aurora Expeditions from Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, down the Antarctic Peninsula and back in 12 days over Christmas 2017 then we are off for 10 days of hiking, boating and travelling around the Argentinean and Chilean parts of Patagonia in South America.
Pages
Sunday, 31 December 2017
Day 10 - 22nd December
Motoring overnight northward found us at Cuverville Island for a trip ashore. The numerour Gentoo penguins are so un-phased by humans that our 5 meter limit is often broken by these inquisitive birds coming over to check us out. Along the beach, I sat 1 meter from the water's edge for 15 minutes at a spot free frim penguins. Within seconds, I had about 10 penguins come ashore to preen their feathers 1 meter in front if me. They looked with inquisitive eyes, then carried on as if I was not there. I hope the video caught this action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Only approved comments will be published...